Gaia GPS iOS v10.4
This update does it all: adds features, improves the UI, and fixes bugs.
- auto-naming - tracks, routes, waypoints, maps, and photos are automatically named based on where they occurred - no more “My Track” and “My Photo” default names
- the menus where you choose map sources and add map sources have been improved
- map sources in your list now use an icon based on the exact map - different for each
- you can now view a details screen about map sources in the app - includes a demo map, zoom range, description, and attribution
- added a description for each map source - have fun browsing tons of maps of the world and history
- remove default sources - you can now remove even default sources the app starts with, and customize your map layers perfectly (many people have requested this)
- manage imported sources - view/add/remove sources you imported via the Add Map Sources screen too
GaiaPro Features - polygons, elevation look-ups
- create areas, measure area and perimeters, download maps based on areas, import areas from KML
- look up elevation for tracks - Now you can replace elevation data on a track with data from a digital elevation model. This is useful for imported tracks, and for tracks with bad elevation data due to poor GPS reception.
- 3D-Touch support - On the map, and saved screens.
- Duplicate tracks - Now you can make a copy of a track before editing it.
- Lock Screen graphics now match app
- left menu now uses the grid
- better emphasizes important choices
- easier to use one-handed
- matching/better icons
- break up Settings into Account/Help/Settings
- exported photos now have good filenames, in photos and zip exports
- fixed a bug where after guiding, stats on the map were laid out badly
- of all the unlikely crashes in Gaia GPS, this release should fix about half of them, and we expect what was once a stable app, is now even stabler
- re-did localization for all languages, added Turkish translation